We are looking for warm, enthusiastic, & dedicated substitute teachers to join Chiaravalle Montessori for the 2018-2019 school year.
The primary responsibilities:Support the Head Teacher's implementation of the Chiaravalle curriculum consistent with the Montessori Method.
- Establish meaningful, respectful relationships with each child working toward the goal of independence.
- When applicable assist the Head Teacher in providing opportunities for children to connect with the outdoors, through the use of the playground and field space, as well as local gardens, parks or habitats.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and continue to develop your knowledge of the curriculum and age group.
- Work with all faculty and staff to ensure the safety of all Chiaravalle students and to guide students in acting responsibly in the school and on the grounds.
- Protect the privacy and working atmosphere of student groups at all times.
- Prepare and maintain a clean and orderly Montessori environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing and appropriate to the needs of the age group.
- Supervise the children throughout lunchtime, naptime, recess/playground, carpool, and all classroom activities and transitions.
- Help create and maintain a welcoming and hospitable environment for the community including parents, visitors and volunteers in the classroom.
- Maintain regular communication with the Head Teacher about student updates so that the Head Teacher can communicate with parents and/others effectively.
- At least two years in a teaching support role or other relevant experience.
- Montessori experience or certification is a plus.
- First Aid and CPR training is preferred.
- Excellent observation, interpersonal, active listening, verbal and written communication, organizational, and prioritization skills are essential.
- Personal values reflect the values of Chiaravalle Montessori School including treating children as competent individuals and appreciating a diverse school environment.
- Must be adaptable to various situations and the changing needs of the school.
- Must be adaptable to various social and communication styles in order to ensure effective relationships and understanding.
- Must be able to stay calm, keep voice volume at courteous level ensuring private conversations take place at the appropriate time and place for confidentiality.
- Full ability to see, walk, hear and talk,
- Climb up and down stairs several times per day,
- Ability to be outside with the children,
- Prolonged Standing for 6+ hours,
- Sitting/working on floor and standing up from seated position frequently,
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. occasionally and up to 40-50 lbs in the case of lifting and carrying a child in an emergency or as needed in the early childhood program for carpool support.
- Stooping, bending, reaching frequently, and
- Pushing/pulling up to 10 lbs occasionally
Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@chiaravalle.org indicating SUBSTITUTE in the subject line. No phone calls please.