Chiaravalle is seeking a part-time School Nurse for the 2019-2020 school year. The School Nurse is a valuable member of our community as the position ensures that our school provides continuous safety measures relative to the health and welfare of our students and staff. This person prepares the classrooms for emergencies and accidents, conducts on-site training on medical information, and provides on-going first aid and medical advice. In addition, the School Nurse is responsible for:
- Collects and monitors student medical and immunization records and consent forms. Ensures the school is in compliance with any external agency requirements.
- Provides Epinephrine, EPI, training and manage documentation.
- Provides on-call first aid, medical and child abuse consultation during school hours and evenings as needed.
- Reviews and summarizes accident reports per regulatory requirements.
- Communicates with parents on developing an action plan for newly diagnosed illness or allergies.
- Performs head lice checks.
- Assists in maintaining school safety by addressing any hazards in a timely fashion involving facility manager as needed.
- Ensures posting of emergency posters and universal hygienic procedures.
- Orders medical supplies, sets up first aid kits and ensures Automated External Defibrillator, AED, machines are in good operational order.
- Provides in-service training for childhood and chronic illnesses and facilitate any other health/safety related training as needed. Facilitates emergency and universal hygienic procedure training for faculty and staff.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required.
- Valid State license as Registered Nurse is required.
- First Aid and CPR certification is required.
- At least two years of nursing experience. Experience working with children and DCFS preferred.
- Experience in training and/or public speaking and presentation is desired.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, organization and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office database systems is a plus.
For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to HR@chiaravalle.org with the subject line stating SCHOOL NURSE.