Chiaravalle Montessori is a welcoming, inclusive modern Montessori independent school for children from 16 months through middle school in Evanston, Illinois. Founded in 1965, Chiaravalle's vision is to develop future generations of lifelong learners who effect change for a better world by providing an education that inspires independent, compassionate, and innovative thinkers. Chiaravalle currently enrolls 350 students from Evanston, Chicago, and surrounding suburbs.
Chiaravalle has an annual budget of $6,100,000. Our fundraising goal of $300,000 is achieved via contributions to the annual fund, a spring benefit, and additional strategies. In 2016, Chiaravalle Montessori completed The Campaign for Chiaravalle: Phases I and Phases II raising $3,546,227. The campaign allowed Chiaravalle to purchase and renovate our building, replacing an aging annex with a larger, flexible space. The newly built Chiaravalle North Wing was awarded LEED Platinum status in 2016, making it the first independent school addition in IL and the first Montessori school in the US to achieve this honor.
The Director of Development will:
● Develop, lead and coordinate implementation of all fundraising activities, including annual giving, major gifts programs, fundraising events and campaigns, and institutional funding in accordance with Chiaravalle's strategic goals
● Create and carry out communication and relationship management plan targeted at securing new donors and growing contribution amounts over time.
● Design and implement comprehensive strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit annual major and principal gifts donors
● Create development strategies and inclusive programming to build community and increase support for the school, including oversight of Chiaravalle's Family Association.
● Increase participation and engagement in Chiaravalle's fundraising activities throughout the community to include families, employees, alumni, and friends
● Collaborate with the Annual Benefit Committee, comprised of parent volunteers, to plan and coordinate implementation of Chiaravalle's annual fundraising benefit
● Manage the annual development budget and report information to the Board, Head of School and Director of Finance
● Collaborate with the Chair of the Board's Development Committee to engage board support of the fundraising goals and Annual Benefit.
● Pursue opportunities for professional development to further enhance skills and abilities
Education and Experience Needed
● At least 5 years of relevant experience in fundraising, managing and developing relationships with patrons and benefactor groups and/or organizations
● Soliciting and closing major gifts experience
● Experience leading volunteers, a project team and managing 1-2 staff members
● Demonstrated experience organizing successful fundraising, marketing and/or membership programs
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Marketing or related field is required. Certification in Fundraising Management is a plus .
Interested candidates may submit resumes with subject title "Director of Development" to firstname.lastname@example.org.