We are looking for (2) Full-time Assistant Teachers to work in our dynamic Early Childhood (3-6 year old) program for the 2019-2020 school year. The Assistant Teacher's role is to assist the Head Teacher in implementing strategies and accommodations to support student learning. These positions are 40 hour per week positions with the following schedule: 8:30a-4:30p and 8:45a-4:45p. Assistant Teachers report directly to their classroom Head Teacher.
- Support the Head Teacher's implementation of the Chiaravalle curriculum consistent with the Montessori Method and principles and be able to include best practices based on current research in child development and education, which are appropriate to the learning objectives for the age group.
- Under the direction of the Head Teacher, support the individualized/differentiated learning plan in order to meet the cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual growth of each child in your class.
- Partner with the Head Teacher to provide students with timely, clear and constructive feedback.
- Establish meaningful, respectful relationships with each child working toward the goal of independence.
- When applicable assist the Head Teacher in providing opportunities for children to connect with the outdoors, through the use of the playground and field space, as well as local gardens, parks or habitats.
- Report to the Head Teacher any concerns relative to any child's learning style which may require support from Learning Resources. Support the Head Teacher's efforts to implement learning resources guidelines for observation, recommendation and intervention.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and continue to develop your knowledge of the curriculum and age group.
- Assist in creating and participating in cross-program opportunities for students to facilitate transitional knowledge and enhance faculty awareness.
- Under the direction of the Head Teacher, support the implementation of age appropriate discipline in the classroom, common areas and during transitions that is consistent with school policy and enables children to develop internal self-control and responsibility for their actions.
Qualifications for Assistant Teacher
- A bachelor's degree is required. A bachelor's degree in education is preferred.
- At least two years in a teaching support role or other relevant experience.
- Montessori experience or certification is a plus.
- First Aid and CPR training is preferred.
- Must have basic skills in class management.
- Must be adaptable to various situations and the changing needs of the school.
- Must be adaptable to various social and communication styles in order to ensure effective relationships and understanding.
- Must be able to stay calm, keep voice volume at courteous level ensuring private conversations take place at the appropriate time and place for confidentiality.
Required experience: Teaching support experience or similar experience: 2 years
Both positions qualify for complete benefits package.
For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to HR@chiaravalle.org with the subject line stating ASSISTANT TEACHER (EARLY CHILDHOOD).