Chiaravalle Montessori school is offering an unique opportunity to guide the evolution of a traditional art education program into an innovative Art/Maker space program. This is a 28 hour per week position available for the 2019-2020 school year. This person will:
- Provide instruction based on the elements and principals of art/design.
- Work with our educational team to develop, refine and implement an integrated curriculum model.
- Prepare, facilitate, and supervise an art/maker space studio environment and teach classes for students grades K-8 in a brand new, LEED platinum-designed facility.
- Collaborate with students and colleagues to offer engaging integrated arts and technology projects that support hands-on student learning, student choice, creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
- Use a variety of art media such as drawing, painting, collage, sculpture, architecture, clay and fibers.
- Plan and teach after school studio classes every twelve weeks for elementary children targeting a particular medium, period or idea.
- Bachelor's degree is required. A degree in Education, specifically Art Education is preferred.
- Experience in Teaching for Artistic Behavior method (TAB), particularly in a Montessori school setting, is desired.
- Knowledge of Montessori principals, design thinking, 3D printing and a wide array of art techniques would be ideal.
- Must have strong classroom management skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent observation, interpersonal, active listening, verbal and written communication, and prioritization skills are essential.
Salary commensurate with experience.
For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to HR@chiaravalle.org with the subject line stating ART AND MAKER SPACE TEACHER.