Chiaravalle Montessori School is seeking an Independent Contractor (IC) to work as a Learning Specialist on site to support the academic development of elementary students. The Learning Specialist will work one-to-one with students with learning or attentional challenges.
At Chiaravalle, the teachers and tutors share strategies, goals, curriculum materials, and data to maximize student progress. The IC Learning Specialist will work during the school day in close collaboration with teachers and the Learning Resources Department. This position will develop and manage independent relationships with students and parents.
Benefits to Working with Students at Chiaravalle:
- Potential referrals
- Access to students during regular school hours
- Support from a dedicated team of teachers, parents and other educators
- On-site access to curriculum materials to support tutoring (Montessori materials, SQ Write, Wilson, etc.)
- On-line access to DIBELS, Aimsweb, Fundations, Wilson
- Access to private teaching space (shared and coordinated with schedules of other members of the Learning Resources team)
- LBS1 state certification and/or degree in special education
- Willingness to collaborate with team members including teachers, psychologists, therapists, learning specialists, parents
- Ability to establish goals and monitor progress using standardized measures and data
- Training in Wilson Reading System or Slant preferred
- Familiarity or interest in Montessori education preferred
This is an Independent Contractor position to which payment of services will be provided directly from the families.
Interested candidates may submit cover letters and resumes to Cynthia Rawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.