Strategic Plan | 2017–2022
“Make big plans, aim high in hope and work...remember that our [children and grandchildren] are going to do things that would stagger us.”
— Daniel Burnham, Architect of the Plan of Chicago and 425 Dempster
Chiaravalle Montessori has taken Daniel Burnham’s words to heart and put them into action.
As a learning organization, we have:
- Reimagined ourselves through the North Wing process. Chiaravalle 2.0 reflects our Modern Montessori educational philosophy, caring and inclusive culture, and green practices.
- Contributed to a national conversation about healthy, green schools through our LEED Platinum historic firsts and 2017 U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School recognition.
- Offered a strong foundation for continued financial sustainability, with the flexibility to initiate new strategic goals while upholding long-standing commitments.
How did we accomplish this growth? Together, as a committed, inspired community.
As we start the 2017-18 school year, we begin our next set of strategic priorities, which guide us through 2022. I hope you take a moment to review these important ‘big plans’ outlined in the 2017-2022 Strategic Plan enclosed.
What are our strategic priorities?
- Mastery through Modern Montessori: refining and delivering excellent programming
- Equity and Global Citizenship: encompassing inclusivity, anti-bias, service, and eco-literacy
- Community Enrichment: our pledge for a welcoming, supportive community experience
- Sustaining our Vision: continued strategy implementation, growth management, and enhanced infrastructure
To make all of this possible, we have refreshed our mission, clarified our vision and recommitted to our student outcomes. Our aim is high. Chiaravalle’s vision is to develop future generations of lifelong learners who effect change for a better world. We will do that by providing a modern Montessori education that inspires independent, compassionate, and innovative thinkers. Once again, our success will be made possible through our collaboration and effort as a community.
This will undoubtedly be a tremendous year of growth for your student(s). As always, we are honored to part of your family’s lives.
Head of School